edUcate Bootstrap Launch Plan
Apr 4th, 2012 - 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM @ ventureLAB
The goal of edUcate is to help you to develop a realistic plan to launch your product (or service) with the start-up capital you have or can easily obtain. You will cover a wide range of business issues. Your challenge is to find a realistic way to accomplish the necessities with the investment you already have (or can easily get). Each issue requires choices and go/no-go decisions. Can you make money with your plan? If not, what do you have to change?
Our edUcate – Bootstrap Launch Plan workshop series addresses the critical decisions you will need to make in order to launch your business. The workshop series will help you to prepare and present your business plan to a panel of business people. The workshop series addresses:
- Develop your market strategy: zero in on your target market – who are they, what will they buy, and how will your reach them.
- Fine-tune your product definition to ensure that it fulfills the needs of your target customer
- Develop a frugal expense plan and a lean organization – what is the minimum you need to spend in order to market, sell, produce, deliver, and support your early sales.
- Understand the viability of your business initiative – your bottom line. Develop a bootstrap sales forecast – exactly how and when will early sales occur.
- Develop a viable plan for financing your business; understand the financing realities of technology start-ups, and see where government programs and bank loans can assist.
- Assess your technology and determine your options with regards to protecting your Intellectual Property
- Create your company as a foundation for growth: address legal and tax considerations, and establish an identity that shows that you are in business.
- Establish your management team, board and advisory board as the key to your success
This interactive workshop series is for qualified ventureLAB™ clients who have a product or service and need to develop a realistic business plan to launch and grow a profitable business.
This series of 8 weekly workshop sessions will start on Wednesday April 4th from 9am until 1pm at our offices on the second floor of the Markham Convergence Centre on 7271 Warden Ave in Markham. Please note that our final session will take place on June 6th.
This workshop is highly interactive; you will be expected to share relevant information about business ideas and markets. Each participant should be prepared to talk about the benefits of their product or service to their target market, without disclosing sensitive information about how it works or is made and without disclosing sensitive information about customers or markets. There will be no non-disclosure agreements between attendees.
The workshop will be filled on a first come first served basis, so please reply to this email as soon as possible if you wish to attend.
Please contact Melissa Weeks email@example.com if you have any questions about the workshop.
Event held at:ventureLAB
7271 Warden Avenue