AI Legal Challenge – $80,000 in Seed Funding
Program name: AI Legal Challenge
Program funding amounts and details:
The AI Legal Challenge is a competition to help foster the growth and success of startups that are developing products, technologies and processes, and solutions that have a direct positive impact on improving legal services for consumers.
Successful applicants will be incubated at the Legal Innovation Zone – Canada’s first legal tech incubator – and gain access to mentors, advisors, and technology experts, as well as the workspace and programming needed to drive their business forward. They will have an opportunity to receive seed money of up to $80,000 to grow their company into a successful enterprise that has a significant impact through their cutting edge technology.
- Applications are due Friday November 10, 2017
- Pitch to a panel of judges the week of November 20, 2017
To apply to the AI Legal Challenge, individuals or startups must:
- All members of the team are legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec)
- Have a creative solution using artificial intelligence as a key component that contributes to better legal services for consumers whether they be corporations or individuals
- Meet the standard membership requirements for members in the LIZ
For complete rules on eligibility, please read the challenge rules.