IBM Innovation Incubator Project (I3)
The IBM Innovation Incubator Project (I3) is designed to assist accelerated growth of qualified SMEs through lower-cost access to the IBM resources and emerging/enabling technologies as well the sales channels.
I3 helps level the playing field for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and provide a platform for ongoing productivity and economic growth by offerings and integrated suite of globally disruptive, advance computing technology infrastructure and programing to Ontario’s SMEs.
Questions? Ask Jeremy at [email protected] or read below to find out if your company is eligible.
There are four streams for I3:
ventureLAB is an IBM Innovation Hub that offers programming and resources within the I3 project. We are one of many innovation hubs established throughout Ontario, where SMEs can get support services to help them scale up, identify and pursue new markets, and access cognitive and IBM Cloud computing through advanced technology platforms including IBM Bluemix and IBM Watson.
The SOSCIP-TalentEdge Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program will deliver resources for companies and/or post-secondary institutions to hire postdoctoral fellows where they will gain advanced computing tools and infrastructure as part of smart computing R&D projects.
IBM Innovation Hubs like ventureLAB are supported by the Ontario government with $22 million in funding through its Jobs and Prosperity Fund — Strategic Partnership Stream. It is expected to leverage more than $423 million in outside investments.
The Jobs and Prosperity Fund is providing $2.7 billion over 10 years to enhance productivity, bolster innovation and grow Ontario’s exports.
I3 Stream 4 Program offerings:
- Access to IBM Bluemix platform for 1 year for free (equals to $120K credit) which includes:
- Cloud services
- Application Development
- Watson (AI) (this is a new feature and was launched in March 2017)
- Watson Analytics
- Upon successful implementation of the technologies,companies will have access to IBM sales channels. Success metrics depend on the activity level of companies on the platform and implementation of the technologies for the business’ daily activities.
- Companies with International sales plans can apply to I3 Soft Landing Program – successful candidates will receive up to $5000 of reimbursement for travel costs.
Find out more and read below to find out if your company is eligible.
This program is designed to help accelerated growth of scale-up companies. Companies applying must:
- Be incorporated in Canada
- Have Revenue of $250,000+ OR a compelling financial projection that they will reach revenue of $1 million in 2 years
- Financial projections of minimum 25% growth in revenue in 2 years
- Projections of minimum 25% growth in the company head-count in 2 years
- Attend a Bluemix lunch and learn
- Complete the application form
- Meet in person with ventureLAB and IBM representatives to discuss the capabilities and applicability of the technologies offered in this program for the company
- Schedule a follow-up meeting for a work-plan
- Attent workshops on Watson Analytics and Bluemix application development
- After technology is successfully implemented and assessed by ventureLAB and IBM, companies will have the opportunity to present their business to potential customers – IBM sales channels