Events for the
Find all of the events in our community right here. Everything from hack-a-thons to sales workshops, peer to peer groups and more.
Want to share your entrepreneur or innovation focused event on our calendar? Submit it using the form below!↓
- This event has passed.
Accelerate to International Markets (AIM)- Life sciences
December 11 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
WHAT: Accelerate to International Markets (AIM)- Life sciences
WHEN: December 11
WHERE: IBM Innovation Centre, 3600 Steeles Avenue East, Markham
This is a seminar co-organized by CaNHS and Ontario- Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade. The AIM program helps businesses that are new to exporting to plan their international growth. This one-day intensive workshop guides you through planning and developing a comprehensive international business strategy for businesses in the life sciences sector. There will be several seminars from the Ministry Advisors in the morning, followed by one-on-one counselling sessions in the afternoon. This is a by-invitation-only event, and we plan to invite not more than 15 export-ready companies in the life science/health care industry to join us.
Take a strategic approach to growing your business worldwide. The AIM program helps businesses that are new to exporting plan their international growth. This one day intensive workshop guides you through planning and developing a comprehensive international business strategy for businesses in the life sciences sector
Topics covered include:
- Explore tools and techniques which help you assess alternate markets and prioritize your international business development
Market entry strategies:
- Discover the most effective methods to enter a market and maximize your chances of export success.
Distributors and agents
- Identify, select and work with people who could potentially represent your business abroad.
Getting results from trade shows
- Leverage attending or exhibiting at trade shows to your advantage in targeting foreign markets.
Exporting through e-commerce:
- Use online platforms to build your business in international markets.
Transportation and logistics:
- Get your goods to foreign markets and avoid the most common logistical and legal pitfalls.
Q&A – Ask the Experts:
- Experienced Ontario Export Services staff are on hand to answer your questions on all of these subjects and help you determine what your next steps should be.
- A review of resources in the export support network