- This event has passed.
Open Source Technology for Emerging Platforms Program with Seneca College
March 16 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Modern embedded systems are full-fledged computers – network-connected, powerful, and remotely updated – with all of the associated challenges. Discover ways of leverage open source projects to boost code quality and reduce development time, optimize software to reduce hardware requirements and power consumption while boosting performance, and maintain the level of security customers demand from modern network-connected devices. Join us and Chris Tyler, Industrial Research Chair at Seneca College to learn more about Seneca’s OSTEP Program. Register through the website link below.
This workshop will address:
- Introduction to the Open Source Technology for Emerging Platforms (OSTEP) Program
- The current state of embedded systems and the open source software that underlies them
- How to leverage open source software while avoiding costly mistakes
- Software optimization on embedded systems
- Providing solid network security and secure software updating on embedded systems
- How OSTEP collaboration can reduce time to market and increase product quality
- Examples of OSTEP partnerships and projects