Events for the
Find all of the events in our community right here. Everything from hack-a-thons to sales workshops, peer to peer groups and more.
Want to share your entrepreneur or innovation focused event on our calendar? Submit it using the form below!↓
- This event has passed.
Webinar: ventureLAB Everest: Government funding
May 16 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
EVEREST : Funding Session Overview
Government Funding and How to Get It
Join Funding Portal COO, Karen Fournier, for a comprehensive two-hour sessions that will provide you with all the insider knowledge required to successfully secure government grants and contributions for your growing business.
Date: May 16, 2019, 1-3pm
Webinar: The Canadian Government Funding Landscape
*Webinar link will be provided in the confirmation message following registration.
The Canadian Federal, Provincial and Municipal government grants and contribution programs for your company.
- Who Gets Funding
- Government Funding vs. Private Financing
- Key Funding Terms, Trends and Analytics
- The Canadian vs. US Funding Landscape
- When to Apply for Government Funding
- Understanding and Securing Matching Funds
- Best Practices When Searching for Government Funding
- Key Online Tools, Websites and Resources
- Sample Funds of Interest
- Best Practices When Auditing a Fund for Eligibility
- Researching Fund Disbursement Histories
- Funder Outreach and Communications
- Fund News Trackers
- Post-Session Assignment: Find the Right Funds for Your Projects
Who should attend?
- Only available to Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) clients. Please contact your RIC contact for more information.
- The Everest program consists of advanced working sessions where entrepreneurs have the chance to test their assumptions and hypotheses while working through problems within their startups.
- These startups not only have a prototype/ beta or minimum viable product (MVP), but also have a team, some customer validation, and some traction.
- Please note that to benefit from the peer-to-peer nature of these sessions, all attendees are expected to engage and remain for the full session.
*Link to join will be provided in the confirmation message following registration.
About Karen Fournier
Karen Fournier is the COO of Fundingportal.com, a leading North American fintech platform assisting companies to source capital—and capital to source companies. Karen works with hundreds of companies every month, primarily in the advanced R&D sector, to get funded. She holds an MBA from the John Molson School of Business in Montreal and is one of Canada’s go-to experts on government incentives and how to get them.