- This event has passed.
Women of Influence: Disrupting the Status Quo- From Corporate Executive to Tech Entrepreneur
March 30 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$45.00
As we transition into a fully digitized era, opportunities abound to do things differently. Women across the country are discovering exciting new ways to disrupt current models, create more accessible landscapes, and turn a profit. But it’s one thing to have a big idea — and yet another to take the monumental risk of leaving a secure corporate position to pursue it. On March 30th we sit down with three brilliant innovators who did exactly that. Register through the website link below.
Meet the Panelists:
- When Anu Bidani discovered her children weren’t engaging with STEM in school, she went on the hunt for alternative solutions, but couldn’t find one — so she left a 20+ year career in finance and launched her own. Today, her organization STEM MINDS has reached 40,000+ students and is on track to further expand throughout the US and India.
- With a 15-year background in HR, Yvonne Lau knows that the word feedback carries a negative connotation. After conducting countless feedback sessions, she learned it was quite rare to receive honest and vital feedback from employees. She set out to solve this problem by launching Retainify, a data-driven software that helps her growing roster of clients build cultures of transparency, ultimately driving organizational growth.
- Fatima Khamitova always felt that entrepreneurship was something she was born to do, but didn’t know where to start. After navigating a corporate career, she leveraged her passion for artificial intelligence and ventured out on her own to launch Veer AI, a software company that aims to help retail companies make data-driven decisions. Despite all the challenges of Covid, Fatima has experienced remarkable growth in under 2 years and is set to service 100 clients by this summer
Each panelist is part of Tech Undivided, a ventureLAB initiative challenging female-led tech companies to scale their businesses. With access to capital, talent, technology, and customers, the program creates a support ecosystem of resources and networking opportunities for women founders to thrive.
Join us for the season premiere of the Women of Influence Spotlight Series, with presenting partner ventureLAB, as our panelists sit down with CTV News Anchor Marcia MacMillan for a compelling discussion on:
- What it takes to leave a corporate career and turn your idea or interest into a profitable business
- How to access resources to grow and scale your business to compete on a global stage
- Leveraging your network, the importance of cultivating connections and aligning with partners that are invested in championing your advancement
- What needs to happen to foster a more inclusive, thriving, and impactful tech industry in the future