Reporting to the Director, External Relations and Communications, the Manager, Events and Digital Marketing is responsible for leading ventureLAB’s digital marketing efforts and external events. This role supports the ventureLAB team with the creation and dissemination of marketing and communications materials, as well as coordination and execution of ventureLAB’s annual external events.
The Manager, Events and Digital Marketing is responsible for the coordination and maintenance of ventureLAB’s digital marketing channels, including social media and website, as well as the coordination, execution, and management of external events. This role works closely with ventureLAB staff, clients, and partner organizations.
• Coordinates and executes external ventureLAB events (approximately 2-3 per year), including but not limited to planning, logistics, marketing and promotion, and evaluation
• Drafts and sends event invitations, follow-ups, thank yous, tracks RSVP’s, communicating event details, and coordinating event set-up and take-down.
• Develop, implement and evaluate promotional/media campaigns in relation to external events where relevant
• In collaboration with the Partnerships team, develop partnership packages to attract event partners and sponsors
• Create digital graphics materials, such as graphics for digital channels, events, and promotional materials as needed
• Write, gather, and schedule content for social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
• Determine the appropriate location for the placement of contents online, monitor and make alterations as needed to improve usability of social and digital content
• Engage with and respond to inquiries or comments on ventureLAB’s social media platforms
• Fact-check and proofread social post content
• Write, edit and proofread content from the ventureLAB team and/or from contributors to our website and blog
• Applies solid knowledge of basic HTML and WordPress content management platforms to perform content updates and build simple web pages on ventureLAB’s website, as needed
• Coordinates, gathers and posts content to ventureLAB’s website
• Participates in website development projects (ex. collects user feedback, adds metadata to pages, assists in debugging processes)
• Updates and maintains ventureLAB’s website, including posting of opportunities, events, and articles, etc
• Other duties as required (10%)
• Completion of a relevant post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree program in marketing, events, business administration or related fields preferred
• At least 2-3 years experience in marketing, communications, or event planning
• Experience coordinating large and small-scale events
• Experience coordinating social media, newsletter and website content and posts
• Strong project management skills and ability to meet project deadlines with minimal supervision
• Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple assignments concurrently in an evolving work environment
• High proficiency with web and social media platforms including WordPress, Mailchimp, and Eventbrite
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite an asset
• Proficiency in Salesforce or similar CRM software an asset
• Passion for the ventureLAB Mission, Vision and Culture Values
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by Friday, April 26 at 5:00 pm, noting “Manager, Events and Digital Marketing” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.