Note: This is an 8-week contract position (35 hours/week)
Reporting to the Director, Programs, this role provides the operational support required to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of program offerings to our amazing startup companies, including but not limited to: administrative duties, connecting clients with relevant resources, planning and executing educational workshops and special events to ensure an exceptional program experience for our clients. In this role, you will have plenty of opportunities to work cross-functionally with other departments, as well as be exposed to a wide range of disruptive ideas, products, and people.
ventureLAB is a leading technology hub located in Markham in York Region, Canada’s second largest tech cluster. At ventureLAB, we grow globally competitive tech titans that build-to-scale in Canada, in three key areas of focus: hardware, health, and inclusivity. Through programs focused on raising capital, attracting and retaining talent, customer acquisition, and technology and IP development, ventureLAB has enabled thousands of tech companies to scale through these growth-oriented initiatives. Our portfolio of companies have created close to 4,000 jobs that have raised over $200 million in investment capital to continue their growth and scale.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, this position will work remotely for the duration of this contract.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide operational support required to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the ventureLAB Programs
- Support ventureLAB program clients from intake to completion, and manage all logistics and communications before, during and after to ensure a smooth, spectacular program experience
- Assist with the scheduling of program activities and meetings by coordinating calendars from various clients, advisors, and other relevant stakeholders
- Execute programming and special events, including but not limited to: liaising with facilitators, creating appropriate communications, managing virtual event logistics and registration, and working with Marketing on promotions
- Curate educational content, events and opportunities available to technology entrepreneurs, for the monthly Programs Newsletter and Community Slack channels
- Actively engage with entrepreneurs to better understand their needs, and offer programming and event recommendations based on observations and client conversations
- Ensure all client metrics and records are accurately updated within Salesforce on a timely basis, and that relevant reports and program dashboards are created to measure impact and provide valuable insights to management and other relevant stakeholders
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institution program in event management, business, entrepreneurship, or a related-field with 1-2 years of related business experience, preferably in a not-for-profit or government organization
- Programs and/or event coordination experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates great interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter that can work under minimal supervision and can juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Strong service mentality and a great team player
- Experience working with Salesforce, Eventbrite, MailChimp, or Asana is an asset
- Experience working with start-ups is an asset
Canada Summer Jobs Program Criteria
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Programs Coordinator — Job ID 202105” in the subject line.
Hourly rate: $16/hour.
Please note this is an up to 8-week contract position ending on or before August 28, 2021. Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, all interviews will take place remotely.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.