We’re looking for a passionate, detail-oriented individual to join our team! The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and work closely with a team of like-minded individuals, where each individual contributor is expected to drive projects forward while also working collaboratively to achieve shared goals. You’ll work closely with our small but mighty team, as well as with a wide range of professionals, including tech entrepreneurs, industry executives, and public and private sector partners.
ventureLAB is a leading technology hub located in Markham in York Region, Canada’s second largest tech cluster. At ventureLAB, we grow globally competitive tech titans that build-to-scale in Canada, in three key areas of focus: hardware, health, and inclusivity. Through programs focused on raising capital, attracting and retaining talent, customer acquisition, and technology and IP development, ventureLAB has enabled thousands of tech companies to scale through these growth-oriented initiatives. Our portfolio of companies have created close to 4,000 jobs that have raised over $200 million in investment capital to continue their growth and scale.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, this position will work remotely for the duration of this contract.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Website Digital Designer will support ventureLAB’s digital marketing channels, including the maintenance of the organization’s website, and supporting the execution of digital lead generation. This role works closely with ventureLAB staff, clients, and tenants, as well as outside organizations and partners.
- Manage the day to day design and content of the company website
- Understand standard SEO strategies and tactics
- Implement digital strategy that will best help improve ventureLAB online visibility
- Maintain all creative assets on ventureLAB website, banners, and landing pages
- Create wireframes, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Develop and propose updates to content and graphics to maximize performance of website
- Regularly and consistently use digital analytics to inform and enhance content planning and prioritization, and know-how and when to refresh and repurpose existing content to meet an audience or department need.
- Establish, communicate internally, and promote website guidelines, best practices, and compliance/regulatory standards for all digital properties
- Effectively collaborate with technical developers to ensure the optimal user experience and interface are maintained
- Eligible for the Career Ready Program (as outlined below)
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institution program in design or other relevant creative field
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce, Eventbrite, MailChimp, or Asana is an asset
Career Ready Program Criteria – Applicant is:
- Either a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Must be registered as a full time student in a Canadian post-secondary institution program (unofficial transcript will suffice)
- The student must not be an international student with a work permit
- The student must not be an immediate family member of the employer
How to apply:
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, noting “Digital Designer” by March 3, 2020
- Hourly rate: $16/hour. Hours: 35/week. Please note this is a contract position ending on or before April 30, 2021
- Please also note that the position availability is contingent on the approval of Career Ready Program
ventureLAB is a not-for-profit leading technology hub located in Markham in York Region, Canada’s second-largest tech cluster. Through its programs focused on capital, talent, technology, and customers, ventureLAB has supported over 2,000 tech companies and entrepreneurs, including 100 companies that have raised over $100 million and created 3,500 jobs. ventureLAB’s innovation hub is a 50,000 square foot facility that is home to over 45 tech companies and partners that employ over 300 people. At ventureLAB, we grow globally competitive tech titans that build-to-scale in Canada.
- Relentless: We are tenacious, resilient, resourceful, and open-minded. We follow through and remove barriers so others can succeed.
- Inclusive: We embrace diverse opinions, ideas, and perspectives to make better decisions. We empower each other to do better, we are positive, and we do not judge ourselves or others.
- Visionary: We inspire a prosperous future predicated on diversity and inclusivity for our clients, partners and community.
- Innovative: We ensure everyone is able to contribute to new innovative ideas and strategies. We are curious and ask questions for clarity.
- Results: We are proactive and decisive. We do what we say we will do. We are accountable. We have fact-based discussions and challenge each other respectfully.