We’re looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our growing team! The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment and work closely with a team of like-minded individuals, where each individual contributor is expected to drive projects forward while also working collaboratively to achieve shared goals.
ventureLAB is a leading technology hub located in Markham in York Region, Canada’s second-largest tech cluster. Working out of our 50,000 square feet innovation space, you’ll be exposed to a wide range of globally disruptive ideas, products, and people. At ventureLAB, we grow globally competitive tech titans that build to scale in Canada.
Tech Undivided bridges gender and diversity gaps in the tech sector to support women in tech: female founders, women working in technical roles, and women leaders in tech companies. Tech Undivided goes beyond technology and business support by curating a supportive community focused on equality, open dialogue, and overcoming obstacles.
Tech Undivided is designed for companies developing solutions in hardware, enterprise software, and digital health. It draws on the combined expertise of ventureLAB mentors and exclusive partners to help the companies form strategies and tactics to amplify their sales and, if required, learn how to raise the necessary investment capital.
Reporting to the Director, Venture Growth, the Advisor is responsible for supporting high potential female-led technology companies in the Hardware, Enterprise Software and Digital Health verticals that are ready to scale. The Advisor will work closely with clients to prepare the companies for investment and rapid growth.
The Advisor will:
- Grow and expand ventureLAB’s company pipeline to strengthen ventureLAB’s position as a leading Hardware, Enterprise Software, and Digital Health cluster
- Grow and expand ventureLAB’s company pipeline to strengthen ventureLAB’s Tech Undivided program
- Identify and support high potential female-led clients through the Tech Undivided and Capital Investment Programs and develop a work plan, including milestones, to support their commercialization, growth, and scale
- Understand the unique challenges facing female-led technology companies to assist clients in bridging gender and diversity gaps in the tech sector
- The Advisor will work with clients to improve pitches, connect with strategic investors and establish long-term capital strategies
- Meet with entrepreneur clients regularly, provide support and advisory services to enable high potential client companies to grow their businesses in York Region and beyond successfully
- Recommend and collaborate with internal ventureLAB team to implement best practices
- Manage and grow company and partner relationships, including:
- Ensuring all ventureLAB supported companies follow processes and complete quarterly, annual and other surveys
- Provide regular updates to the ventureLAB team to support the creation of company success stories and deliver regular impact reports to partners
- Capture all requested metrics and milestones in ventureLAB internal CRM/MIS system required for funding and other reports to ventureLAB stakeholders and partners
- Report on a minimum weekly basis to provide updates on companies and proactively communicate any challenges or roadblocks to Venture Growth Team
- Other duties as required
- Experience working as a scaled company founder/co-founder, or alongside a CEO of a high growth technology company
- Deep sector experience in working and building companies in the technology sector
- Excellent customer awareness
- Experience raising money from the private sector like VCs and Funding organizations and familiar with fundraising processes.
- Experience growing the business from early-stage to growth and scale stages (market, revenue, and team)
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Entrepreneurial team player who can work independently but also within a larger team
- Passion for the ventureLAB Mission, Vision and Culture Values
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, October 30, noting “Investment Advisor, Tech Undivided – Job ID 202020” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.