Looking for a meaningful job in tech?
Look no further!
Have a tech job you’d like posted?
Submit your posting here
Neoglacia is a new startup dedicated to building advanced tools and solutions for the preparation and handling of samples for cryo-electron microscopy (Cryo-EM). Cryo-EM is a Nobel-prize winning technology used to understand the fundamentals of biology, assist with the development of vaccines, therapeutic drugs, and provide insight into viruses and other aspects of living systems.We are extremely proud of our designs and creations as they are used by scientists and researchers in both academic institutions and pharmaceutical companies. We strive to make products that have, and provide, value no matter where in their lifecycle they are or what advancements are made in the field. We design sophisticated systems that involve the coordinated interaction between embedded processing, high speed actuation, micro-volumes of samples and cryogenic freezing with close attention to the needs of our partners.
Neoglacia is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion. We value broadly diverse backgrounds and ideas on our team and in the creation of our culture and our products. Different points of view looking at the same problem enable new and innovative solutions. We welcome the unique contributions that are made possible by a diverse collection of individuals who are our company.
We seek to build a passionate group of people who are great at what they do, want to make a real impact in our world, and aren’t content with “the way things are done.” We are committed to constantly improving and innovating through listening to those we work with, our partners, and those who use our designs and products.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team. Specifically, a talented individual who will plan, develop, prototype, test and qualify electronic designs. The role will involve:
– developing driver and control systems for an automated sample preparation device, including low-level embedded microcontroller circuits and programming;
– Design, prototype and test novel embedded hardware/firmware;
– determining the requirements for, and sourcing, high performance sensors, and actuators;
– creating electronic schematics, design and interface documents;
– PCB layout, validation and bring-up;
– interfacing with board fabricators and contract manufacturers on prototypes and production systems;
– working closely with the mechanical and software design teams on architectures and systems;
– developing testing and R&D procedures to evaluate systems and investigate new ones;
– presenting designs, concepts and research both within the company and externally.
– a degree in electrical engineering or several years of equivalent experience designing electronics;
– experience in developing and manufacturing circuits for mechatronic systems;
– experience with Fusion 360/Eagle, schematic and layout or similar tools;
– experience in embedded microcontroller programming; and
– excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of, and supporting, a broad, multidiscplinary team;
– must have a valid Canadian Work visa and be based in Ontario.