We’re looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our growing team! The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and work closely with a team of like-minded individuals, where each individual contributor is expected to drive projects forward while also working collaboratively to achieve shared goals. You’ll work closely with our small but mighty team, as well as with a wide range of professionals, including tech entrepreneurs, industry executives, and public and private sector partners.
ventureLAB is a leading technology hub located in Markham in York Region, Canada’s second largest tech cluster. Working out of our 50,000 square foot innovation space, you’ll be exposed to a wide range of globally disruptive ideas, products, and people. At ventureLAB, we grow globally competitive tech titans that build to scale in Canada.
Reporting to the Director, Programs, this role will work closely with a number of internal and external stakeholders to design, develop, and implement effective programming and resource mobilization for our growth and scale ventures, while ensuring an exceptional experience for all of our clients.
ventureLAB seeks resourceful team members who are comfortable dealing with ambiguity, juggling multiple priorities, and taking a proactive approach to problem solving in a fast-paced environment. You possess effective communication and collaboration skills and operate as a team player. You are a constant learner who applies curiosity and a growth mindset in your interactions with others and in your work.
You are a champion and aligned to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I). You also apply a DE&I lens to your interactions and management of both internal and external stakeholder relationships.
The Program Manager, Scale AI will:
- Work collaboratively across the organization to deliver on ventureLAB’s strategic objectives, and Programs team-specific goals and targets.
- Provide operational support required to ensure the efficient and effective management of the assigned program portfolio, including but not limited to launching and executing program intake, engagement and graduation; mentoring and connecting clients with the right tools, resources and people; and tracking metrics and outcomes for internal strategy development and reporting.
- Working closely with the Venture Growth team to help document, monitor and ensure accountability of program clients in achieving their key milestones.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to identify and communicate client success stories, trends and new developments.
- Manage key initiatives, programming, and special events, including but not limited to: liaising with various stakeholders, creating appropriate communications, managing virtual event logistics and registration, and working with Marketing on promotional activities.
- Ensure all client metrics and records are accurately updated within Salesforce on a timely basis, and that relevant reports and program dashboards are created to measure impact and provide valuable insights to management and other relevant stakeholders.
- Curate educational content, events and opportunities available to technology entrepreneurs, for the monthly Community Newsletter and Community Slack channel.
- Maintain knowledge of ventureLAB programs and act as a key ambassador through external event participation, speaking and other public engagements.
- Engage in extensive ecosystem networking to identify and engage potential partners, entrepreneurs and other relevant associations and agencies with the aim of fostering collaborations and driving impact and outcomes for our companies.
- Undertake continuous professional development and keep abreast of industry trends, news, and ecosystem opportunities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A post-secondary degree in supply chain management, business and entrepreneurship, or a related field, with 3-4 years of related program development, stakeholder relations and/or venture management experience
- Familiarity with machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts is an asset
- Superior project and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with cultures and terminologies of industry, government and the academic community
- Demonstrates great interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail while possessing the ability to prioritize effectively and handle competing priorities
- Strong service mentality and a great team player
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Experience working with Salesforce, Eventbrite, Zoom, or Asana is an asset
- Experience working with start-ups is an asset
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday, August 15, noting “Program Manager, Scale AI — Job ID 202104 in the subject line. Include your resume, salary expectations, and a brief note telling us why you’d be a great addition to the ventureLAB team.
At ventureLAB, we value diversity, inclusion, and respect. Diverse experience, perspectives, and backgrounds bring great ideas and create stronger teams — we embrace it, because we know that by including everyone, we all thrive. Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.