We’re looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our growing team! The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment and work closely with a team of like-minded individuals, where each individual contributor is expected to drive projects forward while also working collaboratively to achieve shared goals. You’ll work closely with our small but mighty team, as well as with a wide range of professionals, including tech entrepreneurs, industry executives, and public and private sector partners.
ventureLAB is a leading technology hub located in Markham in York Region, Canada’s second-largest tech cluster. Working out of our 50,000 square feet innovation space, you’ll be exposed to a wide range of globally disruptive ideas, products, and people. At ventureLAB, we grow globally competitive tech titans that build to scale in Canada.
Reporting to the Director, Venture Growth, the Advisor is responsible for supporting high potential technology companies in the Medical Device and Digital Health verticals. These companies are ready for early engagements with partners such as MedTech Corporations, researchers, MNEs, and prototype manufacturers. In addition, the Advisor will work to ensure these companies are well-positioned to capitalize on customer and funding opportunities.
The Advisor is also responsible for coaching and educating other Advisors on the Venture Growth Team for knowledge transfer. The role requires the development, maintenance, and ongoing delivery of key metrics for monitoring the progress and impact of these high potential MedTech and Digital Health companies. Finally, the Advisor is expected to leverage, when appropriate, their broad network of industry contacts to help ventureLAB fulfill its mandate; Connecting existing portfolio companies’ clients with customers, partners and services, and attracting new companies to ventureLAB.
Other requirements include:
- 10+ years in the MedTech or Medical Device industry – including strategic consulting, product development, marketing, operations, and/or sales. Experience should include navigating and compliance with medical device certification and regulatory affairs in Canaday and the US
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian, US, and international regulations for medical devices
- Proven experience working with hospitals, clinics, physician groups, healthcare associations, government agencies, regulatory bodies and universities for research, certification and commercialization
- General understanding and working experience with the Canadian health care system and health insurers
- Access to a network of professionals in product development, clinical trials, research,and/or patenting in Canada and North America
- Experience working with early-stage MedTech and Digital Health startups as senior executive or advisor
- Exposure to seed and Series A round investment deals and connections with the medical device investment community in Canada and the USA
The Advisor will:
- Grow and expand ventureLAB’s company pipeline to strengthen ventureLAB’s position as a leader in MedTech and Digital Health
- Grow and expand ventureLAB’s company pipeline to strengthen ventureLAB Digital Health, MedTech, and “Hardware Catalyst Initiative” programs
- Identify and support high potential MedTech and Digital Health clients through core programs and develop a work plan, including milestones, to support their commercialization, growth and scale.
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the Venture Growth Team focused on healthcare, including other Advisors, supporting teammates and the Health Team Lead.
- Understand the strategic priorities and regulatory challenges facing ventureLAB healthcare clients to assist them in developing successful customer demonstration and Sales funnels
- Meet with entrepreneurs regularly, provide support and advisory services to enable high potential companies to successfully grow and scale their businesses in York Region and beyond
- Recommend and collaborate with internal ventureLAB team members
- Ensure ventureLAB supported companies follow processes and complete quarterly, annual and other surveys
- Liaise with partners and key stakeholders to attract referrals/new companies
- Provide regular updates to the ventureLAB team to support the creation of company success stories and deliver regular impact reports to partners
- Capture all requested metrics and milestones in ventureLAB internal CRM/MIS system required for funding and other reports to ventureLAB stakeholders and partners
- Report on a minimum weekly basis to provide updates on companies and proactively communicate any challenges or roadblocks to Venture Growth Team
- Collaborate with Venture Growth Team to ensure IT sector expertise and knowledge transfer to grow their core competencies in IT and related technologies.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, August 29, noting “Advisor– Medical Device” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.