Program Name: 2018 Sci Innovation Competition
Deadline To Apply: February 28, 2018
Flagged as the ‘only competition if its kind’ in the country, the Second China (Shenzhen) Innovation & Entrepreneurship International Competition, also known as the ‘Global Olympics of Innovation’ – will be held this spring in Toronto.Open to high-caliber entrepreneurs and projects across Canada, the event aims to promote the integration of human resources, technology, capital and attract more overseas entrepreneurs to start business or seek cooperation in Shenzhen, China. The Second China (Shenzhen) Innovation & Entrepreneurship International Competition, Toronto Division (Sci Innovation Competition), will be held on March 24th, 2018. Assembled by the Sino-Canada International Innovation Centre (Sci Innovation Centre) and the Canada Confederation of Shenzhen Associations (CCSA), the competition will offer generous prize awards totaling $ 2.09 million CDN. A venture capital pool of RMB 20.9 billion (4 billion CND) has been set up by 34 investment institutions, which helps support outstanding projects and direct funding to emerging innovative technology focused companies. Initiated by the Municipality of Shenzhen, the competition is sponsored globally by local governments in Toronto, Silicon Valley, Sydney, Tokyo, Boston, Tel Aviv, London, Stockholm and Berlin. As for the Toronto component of the event, the competition will feature 20 finalists from Canada that will pitch ideas to a panel of high profile judges and first, second, and third place prizes will be awarded. Ten of these will be qualified for the ‘Industrial Finals’ and ‘Grande Finals’ of the Second China (Shenzhen) Innovation & Entrepreneurship International Competition in Shenzhen in April 2018.
The Participants (Teams or individuals) should:
1. be those who have innovation achievements and business plans;
2. have plans of entrepreneurship in Shenzhen within 6 months after the competition;
3. should possess full ownership of all rights related to the product, the technology and the patent, have no property dispute with any other person, and assume full responsibility caused by any possible infringement;
4. be those who had not won prizes in the 1st China (Shenzhen) Innovation Competition of International Talents, the 1st China (Shenzhen) Innovation & Entrepreneurship International Competition and previous China (Shenzhen) Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition shall not compete in this Competition.
- Deadline to apply for Toronto division: February 28, 2018
- Competition (Toronto division) will be held on: March 24, 2018
- Competition finals in Shenzhen: April 2018