Program Name: Bioenterprise Ontario Seed Fund
Deadline To Apply: February 20, 2018
Bioenterprise is participating in a program funded by the Government of Canada to provide non-repayable seed financing, coaching, and mentorship to assist start-ups and small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the agriculture and agri-food sectors, as well as sustainable and environmental technologies, to grow through generation of revenue and attraction of follow-on private investment over the next 4 years. Bioenterprise’s Seed Funding is a matching program that provides eligible enterprises with:
- $30,000 in seed funding (to be matched by recipient enterprise)
- Coaching/mentorship support services (e.g. market intelligence, investment preparation and access to Bioenterprise global network)
- Additional program details, including eligible project types, are described in the 2018 – 2019 Program Application Guide.
- Be headquartered in Southern Ontario
- Be incorporated (Ontario or federal)
- Be able to demonstrate matching funds in order to receive seed funding
- Have a unique agricultural or agri-food innovation
- Be able to demonstrate a benefit (directly/indirectly) to local/provincial agriculture and/or producer/processor community
- Have potential to address Canadian or North American export markets
- The applicant has not received past funding from any of FedDev Ontario IBI delivery partner programs, including:
- Intake period is January 11 – February 13, 2018
- LOI intake period closes February 13th, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
- Full applications are due February 20th at 2:00 p.m. (by invite only if the LOI is approved)