Program Name: Innovative Solutions Canada
Deadline To Apply: January 1, 2020
The Government of Canada is looking for innovators to solve challenges. As the single largest purchaser of Canadian goods and services, the Government of Canada has a unique opportunity to support the growth of Canadian innovators and entrepreneurs. We need you, Canadian small businesses and innovators, to develop novel solutions to these challenges. Through the Innovative Solutions Canada program, we’re partnering with eligible Canadian small businesses and facilitating the early development, testing and validation of prototypes, as well as preparing a pathway to commercialization.
- If your idea is selected, you could receive up to $150,000 in support to develop a proof of concept.
- If your proof of concept is approved, you could receive up to $1 million in support to develop a prototype.
- If the developed innovation solves the Government of Canada’s challenge, we could be your first buyer.
Solution proposals can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- for profit
- incorporated in Canada (federally or provincially)
- 499 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- research and development activities that take place in Canada
- 50% or more of its annual wages, salaries and fees are currently paid to employees and contractors who spend the majority of their time working in Canada
- 50% or more of its FTE employees have Canada as their ordinary place of work
- 50% or more of its senior executives (Vice President and above) have Canada as their principal residence