Program Name: MSH – Patient Experience Platform
Deadline To Apply: March 30, 2018
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) is a community hospital located in Markham, Ontario. After an expansion in 2014, MSH doubled in size, added over 100 new inpatient beds, opened 8 new operating rooms, tripled the size of the emergency department and welcomed almost 100 new highly skilled physicians. As our hospital continues to grow, patient rounding has become increasingly complex.
Patient rounding is considered a leading practice to acknowledge, resolve and follow-up on each patient feedback discovered via rounding. Currently, there are pockets of informal patient rounding with high variation in practice which lacks follow-through and follow-up. Collected information can remain siloed and not be effectively spread and communicated among all staff.
The goal of this initiative is to improve the patient experience by designing an improved patient rounding system through an electronic platform that supports storage and spread of information gathered.
Outcome Based Specifications (OBS):
– Solution will support collection and storage of patient feedback gathered through routine patient rounding
– Solution reduces administrative time to track rounding compliance, generate reports, and execute follow-up
– Solution is secure and mobile
– Solution aids in organization’s understanding of patient experience trends, themes, and opportunities for improvement
This challenge is for companies wishing to to pilot opportunities at host organizations like MSH
Applications Open: March 2, 2018
– Applications Close: March 30, 2018
– Applications Evaluation: April 2018
– In Person Meetings with Select Vendors: April 2018
– Vendor Selection: April 2018
– Project Initiation (i.e. contracts, insurance, etc): May 2018
– Pilot: June -November 2018