Program Name: Seneca’s Social Media Strategies program
Deadline To Apply: December 5, 2018
Seneca’s Voucher for E-Business (VEB) Program supported by Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE), connects industry partners with expertise and resources available at colleges to help scale the development, adoption and implementation of online tools to drive innovation. Through VEB, Seneca has established a Social Media Strategies (SMS) stream. SMS allows industry partners to leverage the talent of students enrolled in the Social Media Graduate Certificate Program delivered through Seneca’s School of Marketing. Projects will be executed by teams of senior students during their final semester of the program. Our students have a wealth of experience but not necessarily in North America, as many are international students. The cost to partners is $250. Partners are also expected to make an in-kind contribution, which is typically time spent working with your student team, providing some oversight, support, and guidance to the participating Seneca students. At completion, partners will be provided with a detailed report outlining specific strategies and tactics that need to be taken to address your business challenge. A summary of the report will be provided in a final presentation. It is not the responsibility of the Seneca team to implement the social media strategy; this is the responsibility of the partner organization. If you are looking for implementation at the end of the project, the students involved in your project may be available to be hired by your company. We would suggest that you initiate discussions around this opportunity early during the project. If you are interested in being considered for Seneca’s VEB Social Media Strategies Program, please complete the Expression of Interest (EOI) form (attached below). EOIs are due by 4pm on Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 and should be submitted via email [email protected]e.ca
In order to be considered for the SMS stream of VEB, you must
- Be a for-profit industry partner (sole proprietors/one-person businesses will not be considered), with a presence in Ontario and where the Ontario operations are expected to implement/commercialize the results of the project.
- Be based in the GTA, or willing to meet in the GTA throughout the semester, if required
- Have a designated individual to act as the liaison between your organization and the student team, and meet virtually or physically every week. Successful projects do require a commitment by the partner to allocate time to work with the students, to understand your organization and needs.
- Allow the student team to create/edit social media accounts (if applicable)
- Be available on January 18th, 2018 (TBC; time TBD – late afternoon/evening) to present your SMART objective(s) to student teams for consideration, and hear your student team presentation/receive the final report on April 18th, 2019 (TBC; time TBD – late afternoon/evening)
Apply by 4 pm on Wednesday, December 5, 2018.