Deadline To Apply: June 15, 2019
Our goal is to collect more than 1,000 innovative and entrepreneurship projects worldwide. 50 professional and investment institution judges will select more than 100 winning projects for the Outstanding Award, Elite Award, Cutting-Edge Award, Enterprising Award, and government funding providing up to 2.5 million RMB (Approximately $500,000 Canadian Dollar). There will also be a follow-up system tracking and supporting the award-winning innovative and entrepreneurial projects. 2019 the 4th Shanghai Yangpu Global Startups Competition will set up six sites for holding this event including Shanghai, Hangzhou, Taipei, San Francisco, Toronto, and Paris. For those overseas sites, they wil organize the semi-final, and the final will take place in Shanghai.
The competition is for companies (projects) that are have independent legal entity. As for projects that are not registered in Yangpu, Shanghai, they must land in Yangpu within 6 months of the competition.
1) The establishment time of the company (project) shall not exceed 5 years (established after January 1, 2014);
2) The companies (projects) should have the ability to innovate and have high growth potential with no intellectual property rights disputes and bad records;
3) Innovative and entrepreneurial companies (projects) that have won the “3310” and other district-level talent awards can also participate in the competition.
4) Individuals and companies (projects) who have previously won the “Yangpu Entrepreneurial Star” competition award cannot enter again.
1) Sign Up
All participating companies can sign up by scanning the QR code, follow Homevalley’s Wechat, through the competition’s official website (http://2019.homevalley.net) or send email to [email protected] Participants should fill in the complete, accurate and real registration information as required.
2) Preliminary Rules
1. Preliminary time: March 15st to June 15th.
2. Partner parks, incubators, and institutions will separately select and confirm quarter-final entries. The companies (projects) that have not yet landed in Shanghai Yangpu will be evaluated by the organizer of the competition for their entries to the Semi-finals.
4) Semi-final Rules (Toronto)
1. Semi-finals time: June 22rd.
2. The participating company must send their newest road show PPT (named in the format: project name – the applicant’s name) to the competition’s official e-mail address: [email protected] before the semi-finals. If it is overdue, the road show PPT will be the same as the previously submitted BP.
3. 12 companies that advance to the semi-finals will be assigned to competition venues accordingly for an on-site road show evaluation by the judges. The participating companies will conduct road shows (10 minutes) and defenses (5 minutes) on site. The judges will select 6 companies to advance to the finals.
4. The presenter participating in the road show must be the founder or the core member of the company.
5. The on-site judges will be invited by the organizers. There will be 5 judges each venue.
6. The scoring rubric shall be jointly collected and verified by the staff of the competition venue, the organizers of the competition and the assessment team leader. The list of companies selected for the finals competition will be announced on the official website of the competition as well as Homevalley’s Wechat.
5) Final Rules
1. Final time: August 5st to August 25st.
2. Winners from all semi-finals will enter the finals.
3. Winners from overseas and other cities’ semi-finals will enter the finals in different divisions in Shanghai.
4. The participating company must send their newest road show PPT (named in the format: project name – the applicant’s name) to the competition’s official e-mail address: [email protected] before the finals. If it is overdue, the BP used in the semi-finals will be used again.
5. The presenter participating in the road show must be the founder or core member of the company.
6. The 150 companies selected for the finals will be evaluated by the on-site judges at the main stadium, and the participating companies will conduct a project road show (10 minutes) and a defense (5 minutes.) The judges will select 120 projects for the final awards list.
7. The on-site judges will be invited by the organizers. There will be 5 judges present.
8. The scoring rubric will be collected and verified by the organizers of the competition and the assessment team leader. The rankings will be announced on the official website of the competition as well as Homevalley’s Wechat.
The competition will hold preliminaries, semi-finals and finals in respective stages:
Preliminaries: From March 15th to June 15th, Toronto Division will select 12 projects and confirmed semi-final entries.
Semi-finals: June 22nd, 2019 at 1:00PM. The participants compete in the form of road shows in Toronto Division and are selected by professional and investment institution judges.
Finals: In August 5- 25, 2019. Professional and investment institution judges will jointly select the winners from the finals’ road show.
Awards ceremony: October, 2019. Announce the final winners and awards.