Venture Growth Team – Advisor, Health
Reporting to the Director, Program and Impact as part of the Venture Growth Team, the Advisor, is responsible for supporting later stage, high potential technology companies in the health technology and medical device verticals that are ready for early engagements with partners such as hospitals and other healthcare providers. In addition, the Advisor will work closely with clients, to ensure that these companies are well positioned to capitalize on all types of potential customer engagements. The Advisor also assists in coaching and educating other Advisors in the Venture Growth Team to ensure effective industry knowledge transfer to the core team. As well, the role supports the development, maintenance and ongoing delivery of a dashboard of key metrics for monitoring the progress and impact of these high potential healthcare ventures. As well, the Advisor, through their broad health innovation ecosystem network, is responsible for establishing pipelines to attract referrals and new clients that are strategically aligned with ventureLAB’s portfolio.
- Grow and expand ventureLAB’s company pipeline to strengthen ventureLAB’s position as a leading health technology cluster
- Identify and support high potential healthcare clients and develop a work plan, including milestones, to support their commercialization and growth
- Understand the strategic priorities and health challenges facing individual ventureLAB health partners to assist clients in developing successful customer demonstration and referral to pilot programs
- Meet with entrepreneur clients regularly, provide support and advisory services to enable high potential client companies to successful grow their businesses in York Region and beyond
- Recommend and collaborate with internal ventureLAB team to implement best practices
- Manage and grow company and partner relationships including:
- Ensuring all ventureLAB supported companies follow processes and complete quarterly, annual and other surveys
- Liaise with partners and key health ecosystem stakeholders to attract referrals/new clients
- Provide regular updates to the ventureLAB team to support creation of company success stories and deliver regular impact reports to partners
- Capture all requested metrics and milestones in ventureLAB internal CRM/MIS system required for funding and other reports to ventureLAB stakeholders and partners
- Create regular process on minimum weekly basis to provide updates on companies and proactively report any challenges or roadblocks to Venture Growth Team
- Collaborate with Venture Growth Team to ensure healthcare sector expertise and knowledge transfer to grow their core competencies in healthcare and healthcare technologies.
- Deep sector experience/relationships in working and building companies in the health technology sector in Ontario markets in core areas of procurement, certification and other provincial specific requirements for growing and scaling in Ontario for global markets
- A broad network of connections and contacts across the health innovation ecosystem, including government, health delivery providers, investors, and innovators/entrepreneurs..
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively present in a group setting
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical and strategic thinker
- Passion and commitment for the ventureLAB Mission, Vision and Culture Values
Note to interested candidates
This is a part-time position with up to a maximum of 3 days per week.
Please no solicitation from recruiters. If you are interested in applying, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject “Application for ventureLAB Venture Growth Team – Advisor, Health.” Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, February 20, 2019 noon ET.
We thank you for your interest, only qualified candidates will be contacted.