Reporting to the Vice President, Partnerships, this role provides the operational support required to ensure the efficient and effective management of the industry revenue pipeline and Partner Programs. The Manager, Partnerships is both the internal liaison providing clear guidance and direction to the Marketing and Programs teams, and the external point person with partners, for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction in the delivery of contracted programs and initiatives. The successful candidate requires a demonstrated ability to collaboratively build relationships, both internally and externally; manage complex projects and competing priorities; as well as track, report and optimize the performance of partnerships. Experience in sales, business development or partnerships in a B2B, professional services or government funding agency environment is a key asset.
The Manager will have proven account management skills, and an ability to quickly identify roadblocks and risks to ensure the timely progression of pipeline opportunities. The role requires a strong service mentality, as well as strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead via influence. The Manager, Partnerships will work collaboratively, and cross-functionally, with internal teams to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of contracted partner engagements and programs.
ventureLAB seeks confident, resourceful and self-initiating team members with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-pronged work environment where each individual contributor is expected to drive projects forward while also working collaboratively to achieve shared goals. The individual should be able to demonstrate a high degree of drive, focus, and purpose, and be able to provide the operational support required to turn strategic goals into multi-year, multi-partner revenue generating programs and opportunities.
- Establish and implement best practices for building, fostering and expanding, strategic partnerships with service providers and industry partners seeking collaborative and measurable opportunities, providing value added services to ventureLAB’s portfolio of entrepreneurs.
- Help to build and manage the pipeline of potential relationships, to support partnership discussions and negotiations.
- Manage the follow-up work required to allow the VP to close deals quickly and efficiently.
- Work with the Programs Team to establish a repeatable process for onboarding partners, management of partner deliverables, ensuring an excellent partner experience throughout the customer journey.
- Assist the VP, Partnerships in the concept development and planning of strategic multi-partner programs and initiatives to ensure a strong pipeline of revenue generating opportunities that leverage both public and private sources of funding.
- Leverage available ventureLAB communications material, tools and program offerings to reinforce key messaging and build the brand with external stakeholders and ecosystem partners.
- Monitor and analyze performance against goals and ensure that the contractual obligations of our external stakeholders are delivered on time and on budget.
- On a day to day basis, track, resolve, and/or escalate key partnership issues, and manage internal and external expectations appropriately, ensuring the VP Partnerships is informed of all critical issues on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all partner data is accurately maintained on a timely basis in the ventureLAB CRM (Salesforce), and that relevant reports and partner dashboards are created to provide valuable management and partner insights, and measure impact.
- Provide other general support to business development and partnership activities as required.
- Behave as a role model and advocate for the ventureLAB culture and values.
- Business degree or college diploma, or minimum 3 – 5 years equivalent experience working in account management, business development or partnerships
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence individuals and teams
- Business development skills coupled with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Results-oriented problem solver who can bring complex projects to fruition in a timely manner
- Proven ability to work credibly and effectively with managers and executives in both the public and private sectors
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively present in a group setting
- Demonstrated high level of internal and external customer service
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by constant change and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or CRM systems is an asset
- Entrepreneurial team player who is proactive and can multi-task
- Passion for the ventureLAB Mission, Vision and Culture Values
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] noting “Manager, Partnerships” in the subject line by February 20, 2019.